Dec. 15, 2019—Let's face it: Finding the right holiday gift can be tricky. There's your friend who always regifts, your oh-so-fussy niece and your mom who insists she doesn't need a thing. What's a gift giver to do?
Here are 10 ideas designed to please nearly everyone on your list. All are all under $50—some are even free. Best of all: These gifts keep on giving. That's because each one can help boost the health of the person who receives it.
1. DIY relaxation kit. Stuff a festive basket with a few candles, add some incense or specialty soap, and top it off with a gift card for some new music.
2. Get-active gift certificates. No need to shell out any cash here. Just give the gift of your time. Offer a few hours of free babysitting so a friend can squeeze in gym trips. Or pledge a week of brisk walks with someone who could use an exercise buddy.
3. Workout playlist. Share your favorite get-pumped tunes to help someone push through those last few weight reps or bike laps.
4. Specialty socks. This oldie-but-goodie gift can be a surprise hit—modern running socks can help long-distance runners stay on track all year round, keeping their feet dry and blister-free. It's a great idea for hikers too!
5. A kettlebell. This hand weight looks like a cannonball with a handle on top. It's great for cardio, strength and flexibility training. And because it can provide an intense workout in a fairly short time, it's a good match for anybody with a busy schedule.
6. A recipe collection. Customize a mini cookbook, and treat the chefs in your life to healthy recipes you know are crowd-pleasers.
7. Resistance bands. Lightweight and portable, these strength-training tools are easy to stuff in a suitcase. And the travelers on your list can use them to work out nearly every muscle group.
8. Pedometer. Consider giving everybody in your family this step-counting gadget for some friendly competition. See who can rack up the most steps every day. It's a low-cost alternative to pricy fitness trackers.
9. Exercise mat. Help a friend with their floor routine—surprise them with this soft cushion for yoga, stretching, crunches, planks and push-ups.
10. Running belt. Help the joggers (and walkers) on your list keep their keys, phone and other personal items within reach while they work out.