Labette Health is committed to providing high-quality, caring and cost-effective services. Nothing is more important to a family than having healthcare services available to them when needed most. The ability to care for a loved one in an emergency situation, and the opportunity to receive diagnostic testing or care close to home and family, is a theme we hear often throughout the region.
Labette Health (with the exception of Emergency Medical Services-EMS) operates without any tax support or direct financial subsidy from Labette County—totally funded by reimbursement from patients, insurance companies and donations.
As a not-for-profit hospital, philanthropic support is vital to maintaining the quality facilities, programs and services that make Labette Health a regional healthcare treasure in southeast Kansas.
Many individuals, businesses and foundations choose to support the important work of healing through the Labette Health Foundation. Their donations in action help create and enhance the healing environment at Labette Health. They realized quality health care is an essential part of a quality life. They believe their community deserves exceptional health care and so do we.
- Flat screen TV's in all patient rooms
- Emergency Department renovation
- HgA1C analyzer
- Lactation room and furnishings for visitors and staff
- Summer Food Program serving over 4,000 meals each summer
- TV cart/DVD unit for inpatients
- Transportation van
- OB renovation
- Women's health equipment and education displays
- Antigravity therapy machine at The CORE-outpatient rehabilitation center
- New mammography unit
- Patient therapy equipment in Inpatient Rehabilitation including kitchen supplies and work bench
- Endoscopes in OR
- Specialized microscope for Neurosurgery
- EMS Safety Kids Camp in Parsons and Independence
- Recliners for Independence Cancer Center
- Newborn hearing screening unit
- Tympanic thermometers for ICU
- Gynocart in Emergency Department
- 3 Panda Warmers for OB
- Artwork to enhance the hallway environment
- Bike rack
- Park benches around the hospital
- Recliners for patient rooms
- Established a patient transportation fund
- Launched a "Reach Out and Read" program with pediatric physicians
- New X-Ray equipment for Chanute Clinic & Express Care
- Scholarships for area students pursuing a healthcare degree