For more than 35 years, Labette Health has set the standard for rehabilitation excellence. Our Webster Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit is a comprehensive medical rehabilitation program that delivers care based on a transdisciplinary team approach. Our physiatrist-led team works with patients and their families to assess needs and determine the most appropriate course of therapy. Team members include:
- Medical director.
- Rehabilitation nurses.
- Physical therapists.
- Occupational therapists.
- Speech therapists.
- Social workers.
- Orthotics/prosthetics consultants.
- Discharge planners.
Housed in Labette Health's third-floor south wing, the Webster Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit provides services to patients experiencing limitations in self-care; impaired mobility, balance and coordination; limitations in strength and range of motion; cognitive and perceptual deficits; speech and communications problems; and swallowing disorders. Common diagnoses include:
- Cerebral vascular accident (stroke).
- Fracture of the femur.
- Polyarthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis and degenerative joint disease (may include joint replacement).
- Major multiple trauma.
- Congenital deformity.
- Brain and spinal cord injury.
- Neurological disorders, including multiple sclerosis, motor neuron diseases, polyneuropathy, Parkinson's disease and muscular dystrophy.
We invite you and your family to come to Labette Health's Webster Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit for a tour and to meet our team. Our entire team is committed to your successful completion of your rehabilitation program and your timely return to a more independent lifestyle.