There are a number of symptoms that may lead to a range of urological conditions. Men and women alike stand a good chance of needing a urologist some time in life for manageable and/or treatable urological conditions.
One of the most common women's urological conditions is urinary frequency/overactive bladder (OAB). Axonics Therapy is an effective solution for treating symptoms of overactive bladder (including urinary urgency incontinence), bowel (fecal) incontinence, and urinary retention. This therapy is clinically proven to help people regain bladder and bowel control.
What are the benefits of Axonics Therapy?
Axonics Therapy provides patients with a long-term treatment solution that:
- Safely delivers therapy with a miniaturized implant
- Is designed to provide therapy for at least 15 years
- Is the first MRI compatible sacral neuromodulation technology, allowing you to undergo a full-body MRI with no problems
- Is wireless! No direct contact is required and has contact-free clinician programming access
- Is the first rechargeable system with a simple remote that is easy to use for all age groups
- Clinically proven to provide symptom relief*
How does Axonics Therapy work?
Axonics Therapy provides gentle stimulation to the nerves that control the bladder and bowel, which can restore normal control and result in symptom improvement.
The Evaluation Step: To see if Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will undergo a short period of therapy using a temporary system. The evaluation period allows you to experience the level of symptom relief the therapy may provide before you commit to long-term therapy.
Long-Term Therapy: If you and your doctor determine that Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will have an outpatient procedure where the miniaturized Axonics implant is placed just beneath the skin in the upper part of your buttock.
CLICK HERE for Axonics Introduction Video
Who is a good candidate for Axonics Therapy?
It is up to you and your healthcare provider to determine if you are a good candidate for Axonics Therapy. Axonics Therapy is an approved treatment for patients with:
- Overactive bladder (OAB)– The urgent need to urinate which may result in frequent urinary and/or incontinence (leakage) episodes
- Urinary urgency frequency – the need to urinate 8 or more times a day
- Urinary urgency incontinence (UUI) – the urgent need to urinate or trouble holding urine before making it to the restroom
- Fecal (bowel) incontinence – sudden urges to pass stool and experience leakage of stool before making it to the restroom
- Nonobstructive urinary retention (UR) – the inability to empty the bladder which results in symptoms of frequent urination or trouble urinating
Axonics Therapy is indicated for patients who have failed conservative treatments, such as lifestyle changes, physical therapy, or medications.
Dr. Logan Wineland, Mayo Clinic trained, and Scott Fox, APRN-C, provide exceptional care and most up to date treatment options. They provide care in Parsons and Independence.
Contact us at 620.820.5545