Security Guard- PRN
Category:Independence Healthcare Center - ER
Come work with the best! Will primarily work evening (2nd &3rd shift) and will include some weekend coverage. Will Float between Independence and Parsons Facility.
Summary: The PRN Armed Security Guard is responsible for Protective Services at Labette Health Campuses, and assists patients and provides excellent customer service. PRN position that works flexible, random hours throughout the week and on the weekends. Provides armed security for Labette Health campuses in their daily routine and for special hospital events, on or off campus, within accordance with local, state, and federal law.
Qualifications: Requires two (2) years of experience as a law enforcement officer, security guard or military service.
- Must not have been discharged from the military under dishonorable or other than honorable conditions.
- Must have an associate’s degree; Bachelor’s degree or working towards a Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver's license and good driving history.
- Be of good moral character and pass a background check and submit to a mental health evaluation, similar in nature to evaluations given to law enforcement officers.
- Must not have any felony, drug related, domestic violence, or other criminal convictions that could discredit the employee or the hospital.
- Must be able to pass a firearms marksmanship qualification course similar in nature to evaluations given to law enforcement officers.
Open until filled