SUMMARY: Laboratory receptionist must meet defined qualifications and fulfill expected responsibilities.
Responsibilities may include:
- Greet patients and visitors
- Answer the phone/ take messages/ take phone orders from physicians
- File lab orders
- Scan lab documents
- Respond to and send faxes
- Receive specimens
- Understand the need for special timing for collection (e.g. creatinine clearance)
- Proper specimen labeling
- Obtain appropriate clinical data, when indicated
- Perform patient registration
- Order laboratory tests in HIS
- Perform medical necessity in HIS/Print ABN
- Prepare spreadsheets
- Type lab documents
- Obtains blood from patients, checks quality of blood, and assumes responsibility for the safety and comfort of patients while following established standards and practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Previous phlebotomy experience preferred. PBT (ASCP) certification preferred, but will train the right candidate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent. CPR/BLS required.
Open until filled