Supervises the performance of work in Chemistry, in addition to performing regular duties such as tests and procedures. Coordinates laboratory education activities and assists with the laboratory safety and quality program. Responsible for overseeing maintenance and performance of Chemistry analyzers including validations and calibrations and inventory of supplies.
Preferred - Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Medical technology, chemical, physical, or biological science and certified as a Medical Technologist-MT or CLS(ASCP) . Minimum – Associates degree and certified as an MLT (ASCP) 5 years' experience working in Chemistry and Supervisory experience preferred.
- Responsible for day-to day supervision or oversight of the departments’ operation and personnel performing testing and reporting test results.
- Responsible for insuring completion of required instrumentation maintenance, calibration, QC submission, lot conversion etc.
- Responsible for the regulatory conformance of the Chemistry Department.
- Resolution of technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the laboratory director or technical supervisor.
- Responsible for Chemistry Department’s procedure and policy review and revision.
- May be required to perform validation of new test systems or LIS computer upgrade.
- Ensuring that remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from laboratory established performance specifications.
- Providing orientation and training of testing personnel
- Providing instruction and teaching for students participating in their clinical rotation at Labette Health.
- Assessing the competency of testing personnel.
- Perform testing and procedures in other areas of the laboratory as needed.
Open until filled