Blood Bank Supervisor
Supervises the performance of work in the Blood Bank, in addition to performing regular duties such as tests and procedures. Coordinates laboratory education activities, and assists with the laboratory safety and quality program.
Preferred - Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Medical technology, chemical, physical, or biological science and certified as a Medical Technologist-MT or CLS(ASCP) . Minimum – Associates degree and certified as an MLT (ASCP) 5 years' experience working in Blood Bank and Supervisory experience preferred.
- Responsible for day-to-day supervision or oversight of the Blood Bank operation and personnel performing testing and reporting test results.
- Responsible for the regulatory conformance of the Blood Bank.
- Resolution of technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the laboratory director or technical supervisor
- Monitoring of test performance
- Ensuring that remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Providing orientation of testing personnel
- Assess the competency of high complexity testing personnel
- Perform test and procedures in other areas of the laboratory as needed.
Open until filled