The Center of Rehabilitation Excellence
Sports Medicine is the treatment of injuries or illness resulting from athletic activities. Therapists focus on:
- Prevention of athletic injuries.
- Recognition, evaluation, and immediate care of athletic injuries.
- Injury/Illness prevention and wellness protection.
- Clinical evaluation and diagnosis.
- Immediate and emergency care.
- Treatment and rehabilitation.
- Organizational and professional health and well-being.
Services provided include:
- Weekly injury clinic at designated high schools.
- Game and practice coverage for area high schools.
- Evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries.
- Referral to appropriate health care professionals.
- Educational seminars and symposiums for coaches, parents, and sports medicine professionals.
Christopher Brown has been our athletic trainer since September 2012. He received his undergraduate degree in exercise with a minor in food and nutrition from Youngstown State University. He received his master’s degree in athletic training from The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Christopher is the certified athletic trainer for Parsons High School and Labette County High School.
The goal is to get both weekend sports enthusiasts and fine-tuned athletes back in the game they love.
Back to top »
Learn more about sports injuries »